Mini deck breakdown: Lyrica grave (300DP PvP)

• Last updated 16th July 2017

Disclaimer: Some links may display outdated effects. Where possible check the cards in-game for up-to-date effects.

Who am I?

I'm Nietono, aka OhGodShana (not to be confused with shananyan). I'm one of the more experienced players on fakeSG and I have a reputation for being a walking player guide. I also have a reputation for writing walls of text, but please at least try to read the guide before throwing up your hands and giving up. :sweat_smile:

What is this guide?

This is a mini breakdown of a Lyrica variant of grave decks: what it is, differences from conventional grave decks, and the strengths and weaknesses of this variant. Like conventional versions many of the major cards are rather expensive or difficult to obtain early so this guide will assume that this is not the first deck someone is trying to make.

This variant was provided by @chris who is another very experienced player.

This is the fourth in my series of deck breakdown guides and a variant of my third. Since this is a variant of a deck I already covered this guide will be shorter than normal. If you haven't already then please read my previous guide before continuing with this one.
    Previous: grave

What is a Lyrica grave deck?

Lyrica grave decks use Vita followers as targets for Iri and Vernika in order to quickly fill the grave with Vita followers. This allows it to use Student Council Press Lyrica as another late-game follower since she becomes very hard to attack once the grave is full of Vita followers.

The deck otherwise functions similarly to a conventional grave deck. Compared to a conventional grave deck this has more late-game threats but none of the possible Iri and Vernika targets have extra grave synergy nor additional ways to grave extra copies of themselves. The deck also has a lot of off-faction cards.

Major additions

Important additions to the deck include:

• Student Council Press Lyrica: The key card in this variant. Once all the Iri and Vernika targets are in the grave it takes a lot of ATK for the attacker to avoid being graved by her skill. She's also a good target for Relapse as her skill works regardless of her own stats and it forces the opponent to have to remove an extra copy of her. As a Vita follower she increases the ATK threshold of other copies of herself if sent to the grave. At 13pt she takes up rather a lot of DP but she's a hard follower to deal with.

• Nanai Highcastle: With a variety of sizes among the possible Iri and Vernika targets her skill can potentially deal a high amount of STA damage to the attacker. However if her skill fails to destroy the attacker she removes a card from your grave, which could potentially weaken other cards. Unfortunately in this version of the game her skill only counts your own grave. As a Vita follower she increases Lyrica's ATK theshold if sent to the grave. At 33pt she takes up a lot of DP but her skill can be very potent and she's a powerful addition to the deck.

Vita Iri and Vernika targets

Possible Iri and Vernika targets for this deck include:

• Student Council Secretary Fran (EP2), Student Council Secretary Fran (EP10): At 1pt and 5pt this is one of the lower pt option though not the lowest. The EP10 version has a nice self-buffing skill. Both versions are different sizes which helps Nanai Highcastle. Overall a good option.

• Cook Club Sylphie (EP0), Cook Club Sylphie(EP11): At 1pt and 5pt this is again one of the lower pt options. The EP0 version has a weak ATK self-buff and the EP11 version can set the defender's DEF to 0 once per turn. Both versions are different sizes which helps Nanai Highcastle. Overall a good option.

• Cook Club Linfield (EP0), Cook Club Linfield (EP14): At 1pt each this is one of the lowest pt options. The EP14 version has very high stats at the cost of debuffing herself. Both versions are different sizes which helps Nanai Highcastle and this is the only option that includes a size 6. Use this if you need the spare DP for other cards.

• Library Club Milka (EP2), Library Club Milka (EP5): At 7pt each this is a high pt option. Both versions can give a Library Club follower, such as herself, 2 STA once per turn. Both versions are the same size. This is a decent option but uses up a lot of DP.

Edit:

• Cook Club Katie (EP0), Cook Club Katie (EP10): At 1pt and 7pt this is a morderate pt option. Both versions are rather tanky as the EP0 version buffs her DEF at the cost of her STA and the EP10 version starts with 3 DEF. Both versions are different sizes which helps Nanai Highcastle and this is the only option that includes a size 1. Overall a good option.

Advantages and disadvantages

In addition to the advantages and disadvantages of conventional grave decks:

Advantages of Lyrica grave decks:

• Multiple late-game threats.
    • Lyrica can become very hard to attack.

Disadvantages of Lyrica grave decks:

• Vulnerable to effects that punish off-faction cards.
    • Santa Iri's bonus STA +2 can often fail.

Example deck

The deck chris provided - 295DP

I hope this guide will help players (if the length of it hasn't driven them away already :sweat_smile: ).

Looks like your connection to NodeBB was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.